Upholstery Cleaning Tips:
Proper care and cleaning will extend the life and beauty of your upholstery and furniture. Overall furniture cleaning should be done periodically by a professional upholstery cleaner.
- Never remove the cushion casing to clean separately as this may cause shrinking or color changes.
- For spot cleaning, refer to the recommended cleaning code found on the label under the seat cushion, or on the front of your Fabric Care Guarantee.
- Always spot test any cleaning agent on an inconspicuous area of the furniture for colorfastness.
- Place a clean, white, absorbent cloth under the seat cushions to quickly dab up spills.
- Before applying any cleaner to your furniture or upholstery, remove excess wet stain by blotting with a clean cloth. For dry residue, brush lightly and vacuum. Scotch tape will often pick up surface dirt. Remove thick spills, (i.e.. ketchup or mustard) with a plastic spoon prior to blotting with a cloth.
- Attend to spills and stains as soon as possible. Don’t wait for stubborn stains to build up.
- Select the appropriate upholstered furniture cleaning method and cleaner for your fabric.
- Apply the cleaner to a terry cloth towel and dab it onto the stain. Blot stains by working from the outside of the stain inward to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Blot up the cleaner and the stain with a clean towel.
- Repeat dabbing and blotting as necessary until the stain is removed from the upholstery.
- DO NOT RUB AGGRESSIVELY – This may damage your furniture or upholstery.
Upholstery Cleaning Codes:
Spot clean, using the foam only from a water-based cleaning agent such as a mild detergent or non solvent upholstery shampoo product. Apply foam with a soft brush in a circular motion. Vacuum when dry. Pretest a small area before proceeding. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
Spot clean using a mild water-free solvent or dry cleaning product containing carbon tetrachloride (this is highly toxic). Pretest a small area before proceeding. Cleaning by a professional furniture cleaning service only is recommended.
Spot clean, with a mild solvent, an upholstery shampoo, or the foam from a mild detergent. When using a solvent or dry cleaning product, follow instructions carefully and clean only in a well ventilated room. With either method, pretest a small area before proceeding. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
Clean this furniture fabric only by vacuuming or light brushing to prevent accumulation of dust or grime. Water-based foam cleaners or solvent-based cleaning agents of any kind may cause excessive shrinking, staining or distortion of the surface pile and, therefore, should not be used.
Leather Furniture Cleaning:
Leather furniture is an investment that will last a lifetime when properly cared for. Purchasing the LeatherMaster leather furniture protector will protect your new furniture from cracking or peeling in the sitting areas. Leather furniture requires very special care and cleaning; be sure to use the appropriate cleaning method for your furniture.
If you are in need of immediate assistance with a stain or spill, please call 614.345.0200.