Proper care and cleaning will extend the life and beauty of your upholstery. Overall cleaning should be done periodically by a processional upholstery cleaner.
- Never remove the cushion casing to clean separately as this may cause shrinking or color changes.
- For spot cleaning, refer to the recommended cleaning code found on the label under the seat cushion, or on the front of this Fabric Care Guarantee.
- Always spot test any cleaning agent on an inconspicuous area of the furniture for colorfastness.
- Place a clean, white, absorbent cloth under the seat cushions to quickly dab up spills.
- Before applying any cleaner, remove excess wet stain by blotting with a clean cloth. For dry residue, brush lightly and vacuum. Scotch tape will often pick up surface dirt. Remove thick spills, (i.e.. ketchup or mustard) with a plastic spoon prior to blotting with a cloth.
- Attend to spills and stains as soon as possible. Don’t wait for stubborn stains to build up.
- Select the appropriate cleaning method for your fabric.
- Apply the cleaner to a terry cloth towel and dab it onto the stain. Blot stains by working from the outside of the stain inward to prevent the stain from spreading.
- Blot up the cleaner and the stain with a clean towel.
- Repeat dabbing and blotting as necessary until the stain is removed.
- DO NOT RUB AGGRESSIVELY.
Upholstery Cleaning Codes:
Spot clean, using the foam only from a water-based cleaning agent such as a mild detergent or non solvent upholstery shampoo product. Apply foam with a soft brush in a circular motion. Vacuum when dry. Pretest a small area before proceeding. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
Spot clean using a mild water-free solvent or dry cleaning product containing carbon tetrachloride which is highly toxic. Pretest a small area before proceeding. Cleaning by a professional cleaning service only is recommended.
Spot clean, with a mild solvent, an upholstery shampoo, or the foam from a mild detergent. When using a solvent or dry cleaning product, follow instructions carefully and clean only in a well ventilated room. With either method, pretest a small area before proceeding. Use a professional furniture cleaning service when an overall soiled condition has been reached.
Clean this fabric only by vacuuming or light brushing to prevent accumulation of dust or grime. Water-based foam cleaners or solvent-based cleaning agents of any kind may cause excessive shrinking, staining or distortion of the surface pile and, therefore, should not be used.